Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Name That Tune (4 of 21)

I have been thinking for a really long time that I need to document Erin and Jillian's reinterpretations of song lyrics. They keep us laughing and give us a short window into their funny little minds. Here are some I can remember right now:

  • "Supercalafragilisticmakesmealidocious"
  • "ABC, easy as 1-2-3, simple as do-re-me, ABC baby UMC"
  • "Doe, some deer, some female deer. Rain, a drop of golden sun. . ."

I know there are more, but I can't think of them right this very minute that I would like to be blogging about them, of course. But I have saved they very best for last . . .my all time favorite . . .

  • "Oh make believe, why can't you be true?!"

I love what the girls like to listen to. Many times, of course, it is Dora, Sid the Science Kid or the like. But just as often it is Harry Connick Jr., Jackson 5 (one of their favorites), Beach Boys, Elvis, Brian Setzer, Chuck Berry or even Soweto Gospel Chior.

On a similar note (hee hee, couldn't resist) I got all of Erin's winter progress reports today, and the one from her music teacher is all S's (which basically means she has mastered everything in music that they expect her to do by the end of kindergarten). The last one is "Can match pitch" and next to the check mark indicating she had mastered that, the teacher wrote "WOW!" I will be copying this and sending it to Ms. Miriam, our Music Together teacher. :)

3 comments:

Bad Bob said...

Thanks for blogging again. I love hearing about the girls. Everytime Mary Lynn sees the girls without me I make her tell me everything they did!

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

When I was with Erin & Jill last week, they were laughing at themselves because they used to sing "kitty kat corn, and I don't care,", and then, of course, sang it over and over and over.....Look forward to your blog each day, Kim. And enjoying it.

Mark said...

"A spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down, in the mostly microwave." ...though I think they've since figured out the real words.