Sunday, March 07, 2010

1 of 21 - OR - Happy Birthday Grandpa!!

So research tells us that, in order to turn a behavior into a habit, you have to do it 21 times. And since the one person in the entire world who actually cares if I blog or not celebrated his birthday this weekend, I decided to make today the first of 21 straight days of blogging. There, I have committed. Happy, Bobby? Oh . . .I mean, Happy Birthday Bobby!! This is your gift - hope you like it :)

Today we went to the Maple Syrup Festival at Leane and Michael's Sugarbush in Salem, IN. This is our second annual trip to this FREE festival, and we will go every year from now on. The girls were so excited that we were going back this year. Last year it was 28 degrees and cloudy, today it was somewhere around 60 degrees and sunny. SO much better!! We have learned so much about the process and history of maple syrup, and the festival has tons of fun activites. This year there was a record breaking crowd at the festival and we did not get our year's worth of pure maple syrup because they sold out by the time we got to the Sugarhouse (store)! It is available online, but I am afraid it won't be pure from the Sugarbush; there is only a small window of time when you can get sap from the trees to make syrup. We'll keep our fingers crossed!

I took lots of fun pictures for this post, and now I cannot find the camera. I am hoping that it is not flopping around on the back of the tractor that took us back to our van at the end of the day. I have to believe that, like so many things, it will just magically appear in the morning. If it does, I will post those pictures tomorrow. If it doesn't, I will be very very upset. Either way, I already have material for 2 of 21!

5 comments:

Valerie said...

yay for you writing a blog! love you!

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

Hope your camera turns up. And 21 days of blogs...I'll have to see it to believe it!

Bad Bob said...

Wow! I'm very honored. But I don't for a minute believe that I'm the only one who cares if you blog or not, I'm the only one who has the ill manners to mention you NOT blogging. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Just for the record, Aunt Julie cares if you blog. Reading all of the Tabler Blogs is the highlight of my day....well my workday anyway.

jrb said...

YAY for blogging Kim! Without her, how would I have found out about this maple festival? Sign us up for next year - it sounds glorious!