Sunday, March 21, 2010

Catch up . . .

Does it count if it is really the next day in my mind?? When I woke up this morning I realized I hadn't blogged since Wednesday, but it didn't AT ALL seem like it had been a little over three days. SORRY . . .I just haven't been able to stay awake long enough!

THURSDAY:
Birth went great, exactly as planned, awesome family, healthy baby and actually positive experience at Suburban (which is rare.) I won't go into it here as most of my readers aren't all that interested in the details. Let it suffice to say that newborn care (and really even labor and delivery) at Suburban all of a sudden has taken a MAJOR turn for the better in the last few weeks and I hope that it wasn't just a fluke. I got home about 6:00pm, but with a splitting headache (which I usually have after a birth, regardless of how long I am gone.) So I ate and went to bed. I purposefully do not have any clients for April. Although I will miss the income very much, I have to build in some down time or I end up hating babies and their stupid pregnant mothers. :)

FRIDAY:
I chaperoned a field trip with Erin's class to see "If You Give A Pig A Party" at Stage One. This was super cute, very fun and the kids enjoyed it. We were back to Chance by 11:30. The funniest part was when the two girls I drove in my van (along with Erin) got in, they asked me if I could turn on some music. I asked them if they were in their car, what would they be listening to? In unsion, they both yelled, "LADY GAGA!!!" Seriously?!? They are 6! I apologized that I was not cool enough to have any Lady Gaga on hand, and resisted offering some good Music Together or Harry Connick, Jr. We just listened to the radio instead. After that, I had a fabulous afternoon of QDoba in the sunshine with Helga. After lunch, she said, "Now we need ice cream! Is there ice cream around here?!" We were in Westport Village and I couldn't believe she had not even heard of The Comfy Cow! I couldn't throw away my trash fast enough, and I practically galloped there. Apparently all special times lead to Comfy Cow, because when we walked in we ran into Mark and Jillian, who had just come from Hounz Lane park. So we had ice cream together before I went to pick up Erin. Next, I finished all accounting for the Girl Scouts, got the cshier's check and turned in our final payment for cookies. For the most part, 2010 cookie sale is OVER!!!!!

SATURDAY:
Erin and I spent the entire day at Camp Shanituck, the Girl Scout Camp in Shepherdsville, with 9 of our other Daisy Scouts and 6 of their parents. We did crafts, took a hike, did a princess obstical course, took out the trash for the camp, beaded braclets for autism, played games, ate lunch . . . a major day of fun and scoutin'. All the girls really enjoyed it, and I did to. I was glad the weather held out - it turned out to be a gorgeous day. Now I feel like I know my way to and around camp. This will be where we go each day for a week this summer (July?) so it was a good preview.

TODAY:
YEAH birthday breakfast for Brian!! Now the girls are palying outside and I am trying my darndest not to do anything. Maybe knit, eat a bowl of ice cream, not much more than that.

There - does that count for three posts in one??

3 comments:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

Yes it does count for three posts in one. Good job. And we certainly don't want you to hate babies and their stupid pregnant mothers. Maybe a little down time in April is a good idea, you think?

Bad Bob said...

Good 3 day post! You know, if you use pictures you don't have to use so many words. Anyway, that's my trick!

Valerie said...

Love reading from you about your life. I have to ask though. What kind of bracelets for autism did you make? Was it for a fundraiser or a therapy typt thing for autistic children?