Sunday, December 21, 2008

What Makes a Jillian?





(no no no - - I know what made Jillian, although when we announced we were pregnant the second time and Erin was only 6 months old, some probably wondered . . .)

But as we celebrated Jillian's third birthday today, I kept thinking about what an amazing little creature she is! So I hope you'll induldge me a bit and let me tell you what came to mind about my little girl who is no longer a baby.

Jillian Abigail . . .
* the baby that totally threw us for a loop (and frankly, continues to do so every single day!)
* the newborn who nursed every 45 minutes round the clock for many many weeks, who did not sleep through the night until . . .oh wait, she rarely sleeps through the night now!
* the baby who for about 8 weeks only pooped at 11:oo am on Tuesdays. I swear.
* the baby who never once used her legs to crawl (think G.I. Joe/army crawl)
* the toddler with all the spunk and extroversion a child can muster, yet who was until recently petrified of the vacuum and raindrops. Not storms, drops.
* the toddler who could, when learning how to talk, make noises and combinations of sounds that didn't seem humanly possible, and who now adds an extra syllable in between almost every syllable of every word (eg. baby = ba-ya-bee)
* the two-year old who could make you break a sweat getting her dressed, who could throw a tantrum like nobody's business, and who could cuddle until she melted you into a big puddle of goo (all of which continue to be true.)
* the now three-year old with a sense of humor that continuously amazes us, that is on a level unlike anyone else's! Today, she asked Mark, "Daddy, how many days 'till Christmas?" Mark said, "Four." Jillian responded, "I beat Jesus, I beat Jesus!"
* Erin's best friend in the world, who truly cares about Erin's happiness and absolutely loves her sister.

Happy Birthday my dear Jillian! I love you bigger than the whole world.

3 comments:

Brian said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I have the most amazing nieces in the world who have matching parents to boot.

Anonymous said...

An awesome tribute - captures Jillian to a T (for Tabler). Love from Nana.

Valerie said...

Happy Birthday really late, Jillian! Sorry, I've been busy! ;-)