Thursday, December 04, 2008

Right Now

So here I sit, with a million and one things on the list to be working on. But I have chosen to take a moment to relish in the amazingness (yep, that's a word, atleast on my blog) that is my life. Jillian and Erin are coloring together in the kitchen - which they do about 75% of their waking hours. Mark is working on dinner (which he probably feels like he does 75% of his waking hours). My little house is a wreck, laundry needs to be folded, my business is waiting to be launched, knitting is sitting in the rocking chair hoping to be cast off before Christmas Day.

And as crazy as it feels most of the time, and as much as I would like for a lot of it to come together a little better, I feel so grateful for what this moment is. It is exactly what it is supposed to be. It is here for all of us to experience what it has to offer - the joy of coloring (and the cooperation of doing it together!), the simpleness and sweetness of being together, the innocence conversation between a 2 y/o and 4 y/o. Oh my - how could I wish for something to be different than this?

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. Nietzsche

6 comments:

Bad Bob said...

You caught me by surprise! I don't check your blog everyday, but I'm going to start now. I check M, K, and B's everyday, so I'll add yours to the list. Can't wait to see the "Living Christmas tree" pictures.
"Grandpa"

Susie H said...

Awwww! Your moment sounds like a picture of love, and life. Good stuff!

Mark said...

Yesterday I knelt and kissed the stones upon which we stood when I proposed to you.

AmethystKat said...

How lucky you are to recognize your gifts!

Anonymous said...

what a great post! and you're blogging again! i love the quote at the end. perfect.

- candy

Anonymous said...

How cool is THAT?!