Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Just for You Grandpa!

(oh, and you Mimi . . .and Nana too)

(and Kev, and Brian)

(and whoever else is interested)

I figured since we will be gone for an entire week, you will be needing constant updates on our whereabouts and goings on. TOO BAD!! :)

Instead, I will do my very best to post here at least daily while we are gone and let you know what we have been up to. No promises except to do my best!


Until then, I will post some pics from the St. Agnes Carnival. We went with Mark's friends from grade school, whose girls were completely excited about the ferris wheel. Erin and Jillian had never been on a ferris wheel before but I knew for sure they would both just love it. I think you know where this is going.

While we were in line, Erin begged me not to make her get on. She wasn't actually crying or pulling away. Just very very nervous. I truly believed she would love it, and I hated for her to miss out on something just because she was a little nervous. So I told her that if she really hated it she could close her eyes while we were on it, that Mommy would never put her on anything that would hurt her, that I really thought she would love it, etc. etc. etc.

Meanwhile, Mark and Jillian were in line in front of us. (Important side note: Jillian is the girl who cannot go high enough on the swings, who always wants to be upside down, spinning, or some other relatively risk-taking activity. She even used to hang upside down to drink a bottle.)


At the top of the first time around, Erin said, " I LOVE IT!!! I feel like I'm f - l - y - i - n - g!!"

Satisified, I looked back to take Mark and Jillian's picture.




Leave it to Jillian to throw me for a loop AGAIN. Cried the entire time. My poor baby.

2 comments:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

Always expect the unexpected, I guess, mostly with Jill. The photo is priceless.

Valerie said...

So excited to see a post!! Love the look in Erin's eyes!