Thursday, July 30, 2009

I got up early just for you!

But I'm sure some of you have beat me here already this morning ;) Because of our surprise extended stay in Mackinac I was left without a charger for the Blackberry, so it ran out of juice yesterday morning before I could post anything. Anyway, we made it off the island without incident and were relieved that the rental car was still in the one-day parking area! We realized that if we didn't go directly to the sand dunes, we probably wouldn't get to go. So we made a bee line to Sleeping Bear National Park. Oh my did the girls love it! I couldn't believe how far they were able to climb! And I think Erin would have stayed and hiked and dud in the sand forever if she didn't need sleep! There are great pictures from there; I can't wait for you to see them.
Now begins the -blah- part of the trip. I have to reorganize and repack everything so we can drive this truck home. Dad would like to leave here by noon today, putting us home probably around 10. My guess is that we will just sleep in Dad's driveway, rather than trying to unpack the girls while they are asleep. The other alternative is to take the girls home tonight and then go back to Dad's in the morning to unpack all the stuff (the RV is due back by noon Friday) We'll just have to see how the drive goes and what is happening when we get home. I hope to upload some photos during our drive home but you might have to wait till tomorrow and see them in real life! I will, however, keep you posted on our travels and let you know our progress! See you soon :)
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

3 comments:

Bad Bob said...

Can't wait to see all the pictures. Erin is my 'outdoor' girl. No surprise she loved the park. Have a safe trip home!

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

"We made it off the island" - words Gilligan never got to say. So congratulations. Happy travels.
Love, Mimi/Mom

Anonymous said...

They sure love sand! We've been Googling the places you've been just to get an idea of what it might be like...can't wait to see the for real real real pictures. Have a good trip home and see you soon.
Love, Mom/Nana