Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Halloween Wrap Up

Trick or treating was in Helga's neighborhood with the gang.Because our children are painfully slow (and I can't really emphasize that enough) we went to about 5 houses and had to turn around. Trick-or-treating until December is usually frowned upon. The girls don't know any different, though, and had a fantastic time. As I am sure you could predict, Erin said neither Trick or Treat or thank you. Jillian, however, caught on right away and was pretty much ready to enter anyone's home who opened their door. She said thank you (verbally and with her sign) as she climbed down porch steps on her bottom, because proch steps are generally as tall as her knees. It was a very fun evening with friends and a pretty cute pumpkin and chicken.
Most of the time Jillian pushed the stroller herself, which contributed to our lightening fast pace. But toward the end she was content to let Erin push her.
When we got back, the girls of course were inspecting the stash. I thought it was very interesting how their sorting methods perfectly illustrated their personalities.



But when Jillian saw what Erin was doing, she (of course) had to follow suite. (Again, very telling.)



I have more to post - - Mark the soccer coach, making Halloween treats, and Erin wore a handknit sweater to school today!
But I have to vote, and Blogger is unbelievably slow at uploading pictures right now. So I will save it for this evening.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

That is so cute! I love their costumes! Did Erin actually pick that one out? Hilarious! Your girls are just beautiful! If you have a minute, run over to my blog and check out my slideshow that I made for Jack. He's one year old today!