Thursday, November 08, 2007

The Story of the Chicken

Thanks for reminding me, Valerie, that the chicken needs a bit of an explanation. Erin had first insisted she was going to be a ladybug (maybe because she saw pics of Jillian last year??) I was at Target one day and they had no more ladybugs. So I asked her about a bumblebee, and she liked the idea. I bought that, but when we tried it on at home it was WAY too small. So I took it back, and she came with me, so that I could see what would fit her. It was this trip to Target when she fell in love with the chicken. She pulled it off the rack and said, "Is this too pall (ie - small) for me?" I told her it was her size, and she was very very excited. She could not consider any of the other costumes; she was absolutely going to be a chicken. And now I will say what everyone else is thinking - - she is, after all, Mark's daughter, right?

The first time Mark asked Jillian what she was going to be for Halloween, he really had no expectations that she would actually even answer him. We didn't even really know she knew what Halloween was. But she immediately answered, "Pumpin!!" And so there you have it!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I think she made a wonderful chicken! I laughed out loud at the Mark's daughter comment! Too funny!