Thursday, July 19, 2007

Mystery Stole Update

Well, since we last spoke I jumped in the frog pond. (For you non-knitters: I ripped out all the work I had done on the lace stole and started over.) I was just not happy with my results and I knoew it would really stink to do all that work and not be thrilled with the outcome. I don't know why I didn't take a picture before ripping it out; I'm kicking myself now for that one. The problem was that the solid stockinet parts were not solid enough for me. I think I just knit too loosely (I had to type that twice in order to not type "loose too knitly") to use lace weight yarn.

However, yesterday I bought some sock yarn, which is a little heavier than the lace-weight I had started with. It is Trekking pro natura,which is 75% superwash wool and 25% bamboo, in a nice blue. I started last night after dinner and finished all of Chart A, which took me much longer to do the first time. And it is exactly the way I wanted it to be! I am so excited. It's a little scary how addictive this whole thing is. I am always thinking about knitting it instead of whatever else I am doing. I wish there was a way to study that somehow. It seems that if you are a knitter, you are a knitter all the way. Total obsession. I don't know anyone who just knits a little. Ok - enough with knitting philosophy. Here are pics of the stole in progress.
Before it was a stole . . . Trekking Pro Natura sock yarn, color #1510 and some random seed beads from Friends Lapidary.

Here is the completion of Chart A. Hardly a stole yet, but you just wait!

A little stich detail, and an idea of what the beads look like.

Sorry for those of you who couldn't really care less about my knitting! I promise a non-knitting post next time. For now, I am going to go do laundry.

(Yeah right - - you know where I am headed.)

4 comments:

Susie H said...

This new version of the MS3 is lovely, and those beads are Exactly Perfectly Right. Can't wait to see the next picture.

SusieH, also making MS3
www.theknitfarm.com

Mark said...

I can't wait to see the next picture either! And I mean it. I hope you get plenty of time to knit tonight.

Valerie said...

Wow! You sure have been blogging and otherwise! It's a good thing that you sent me that sweet note in the mail. Thanks by the way! I had taken you off of my blog list!! Nothing personal. I just figured that you weren't going to do it anymore. Glad to have you back! I can't wait to peek into your life once again! Erin and Jill have grown so much! What cuties!!!

candy said...

kim's back on the blog! woohoo!

that almost-stole is gorgeous! i've crocheted (which always looks like a form of crotch-e-ty to me, like that old dude in the town band) doilies and grandma-type things that are really intricate, but adding beads... now you've got me all excited. i might have to make something fun.