Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Back to the blog . . .

So, last week we took a whirlwind tour of the finer points of Indianapolis. The Zoo, the Children's Museum and Conner Prarie. We had a fantastic time at all three places, and the girls did surprisingly well in the car and hotel! Conner Prarie, we have decided, was by far the favorite! It is a living history kind of place where the folks in costume are actually playing a part as you walk through, and you become part of this 1800's community. Erin pumped water from a pump into a bucket to water a garden, herded chickens into their coop and almost milked a cow. (The wait was very long and when we got back the cow was pretty much dry.) There was also a room of dramatic play stuff geared toward preschoolers, where we could have easily spent the entire day. We are definitely going back - - it was so much fun for all of us. It is just north of Indy, still pretty much do-able in a one day trip from here. Check it out! http://www.connerprarie.org/

And my first use of Flickr . . . here is a sampling of our Indy pics. http://www.flickr.com/gp/10032096@N06/AW9935


That was last Wed - Fri. This week, ( . . . drum roll . . . ) we are doing our first Vacation Bible School (I am working in the nursery with Jillian, and Erin is in the 3's class). That's right, folks. All three of the Tabler girls have gotten to church by (hold on to your hats) 8:30 am for three days straight! I know, I know. It sounds like I am making this up. But I am completely serious! The earliest we ever have to be anywhere completely dressed and ready for the day is once a week to music at 10:30! But now we are like real people and we get up and get ready and get out the door by 8:00. The girls have done amazingly well adjusting, even if there is a bit more w h i n i n g by the afternoon. It has been good practice for when Erin starts preschool in Sept. (which will only be 2 days a week, not until 9:00, and only 5 minutes from our house.) This is Erin's first time ever doing something like this without me. And she actually sometimes talks to her teacher, which is someone from another church! I am not surprise that she is fine without me; she was actually excited that she got to do something new "by herself." My biggest fear was whether or not she would bring herself to tell a total stranger that she had to go potty. And there have been no accidents! Her teacher, Ms. Ann, tells me that Erin will ask to go potty without hesitating! So even though she is unbelievable shy, and insanely independent, she has adjusted wonderfully to being with a new adult. I am so glad!!
Leaving for our first day of VBS

Erin and her VBS teacher, Ms. Ann (who has been absolutely wonderful!)


I haven't gotten a ton of knitting done (I can't imagine why!!) But I have almost finished Clue 2 of the Mystery Stole. Clue 5 comes out Friday, so I am still quite a bit behind. But I continue to be really really glad that I switched yarns. Once I finish Clue 2, I will block it and post pictures.



Alright folks, I am SO going to bed!!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Aww! Love the pictures. Those are some cute pigtails! Looks like a lot of fun, esp. the girls!