Saturday, September 16, 2006

Magic Yarn Ball Swap


I received my Magic Yarn Ball earlier in the week - My very first swap! Here's how it worked: You tie together a bunch of leftover yarns, all different kinds, and wrap it into a ball. While you wrap it, you put fun little surprises in it, so as your swapee knits with your yarn, he or she finds fun stuff as she goes. Anyway, Elizabeth from Washington State put together a very impressive ball of yarn for me. I could see when I got it that it has several different kinds of yarn. So I decided to do a Log Cabin pattern, changing direction each time I came to another color/kind of yarn. I don't know what I will use it for; maybe a pillow cover, depending on how big it ends up being. Anyway, it has been really fun and I will definitely do it again. I will post pics of what I sent to my swapee when I am sure she has received it - I don't want to ruin the surprises!

Thanks to Elizabeth for swapping with me!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Please send me the site for the magic yarn ball swap. I'm just curious as to how it works and how to make the balls.
KellyD
ensatia4u@aol.com