Monday, September 11, 2006

Ahhh . . . Nap time

Erin is preciously asleep (on her floor, because she prefers that over her bed. Whatever.) and I just put Jillian in her bed. We have had a relatively calm, dare I say productive day. I have done at least 6 loads of laundry and cleaned out the refrigerator inside and out. We are getting a new one tomorrow. No longer will you have to give it a good swift kick to make it close! Although I am sure we will be doing that for a long time to come. As a matter of fact, when we were at Best Buy looking at refrigerators and dishwashers, Erin realized she could open the dishwashers like we were and look inside. So as she went down the aisle opening the dishwshers, she would shut each of them with her foot. As far as she knows, that's how you close major kitchen appliances. Anyway, new refrigerator and dishwasher to arrive tomorrow. YIPPEE!

On the knitting front, I am trying to finish up some projects that I think are worth working on. I have one purse finished except for the strap. I want it to have a long strap that will go across the body, and that is going to be a lot of boring knitting. But I'd like to have it felted for the Prospect Craft Fair, so hopefully that will be inspiration enough. I also am working on my 'adaptation' of the Tea House Sling Bag from Vicki Square's Folk Bags. The pattern calls for Cassic Elite mercerized cotton (which I assume to be DK or sport weight) and size 3 neeedles. I am doing it on Elann's (www.elann.com) worsted weight Peruvian wool and #13 needles, to be felted. It is enormous right now, but I am really optimisitic about what I think the outcome will be! I also think I can finish my drop stich ribbon weave scarf tonight - all it needs is fringe. The colors for that one will make a good post. I'll put them up when I finish it. And I will post more photos of other stuff as well, when I haven't wasted all my ambition on stupid laundry!

1 comment:

jrb said...

Well?? Which ones did you get? Just came back from SIL's house in Cinci. They just bought a new fridge and her husband calls it her "giant food purse". Ours is old but unfortunately still in perfect working order so it will be a while before we go shopping in that area. Erin closing the doors with her foot - hilarious!