Thursday, May 20, 2010

IMG00097-20100520-2220.jpg

So we are all settled in! We made it in 8 hrs and 3 minutes, having gotten started at 11:09 and stopping THREE times!! Ahhhhhh!!! Weak-bladdered travelers - sheesh!
My aunt (mother of the groom) that we haven't seen for 20 years pulled in right next to us at the same time! That was really fun. We haven't seen anyone else yet but that should all get underway tomorrow.
I got a call from my back up doula that my June 1 client went into labor around 7:00 tonight so I won't get to be there for her birth. I was her doula for her first birth and she chose me for the second time too - I can't believe I won't be there :( I am really bummed about that. She is in fantastic hands, so all is well. Who really needs income anyway?!

The trip was mostly uneventful. The girls did great and entertained themselves almost the whole way. They got a bit antsy the last 45 minutes or so, but I think we all did. It was a long 45 minutes!
I think they were most impressed by the various (to them) interesting things you can see in gas stations. It was really funny to watch them walk around wide-eyed on their way to the bathrooms. Glittery dragons and jelly doughnuts and barbecue potato chips IN THE SAME STORE?! When you have never been inside a gas station, who needs Disneyland?

More tomorrow!
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

1 comment:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

I'd not realized they had never been inside a gas station. How amusing. I remember when I took Brian and Eli riding on a Tarc bus just so they could say they'd ridden on a bus. We went to the end of the line and then came back.